Leadership Essentials the first of a multi-part series – Todays Talk On Purpose with Shad Ali 190508
To begin with, I think it’s important to share with you our definition of Leadership at On Purpose.
To us, Leadership is a complex process by which a person influences others to accomplish a mission, a task, or an objective and directs the organization in a way that makes it more cohesive and coherent allowing it to better (more effectively and efficiently) achieve its intended purpose.
Now, in our experience, a person carries out this process by applying his/her key attributes (beliefs, values, ethics, character, knowledge, and skills).
To us, Leadership creates in people a desire to accomplish high goals and objectives.
I am often asked what is most essential to leadership. To which I say:
- Trustworthiness – Trust & Confidence
- Effective Communication by leadership in three critical areas:
- Helping people understand the organization’s overall business strategy;
- Helping people understand how they contribute to achieving key business objectives:
- Sharing information with people on both how the organization is doing and how they are doing relative to strategic business objectives.
- I mean apart from this leaders need to concern themselves predominantly with People, Strategy and Risk issues right.
Stay tuned for a few more episodes in this multipart series on Leadership Essentials.
For today, I encourage you to be disciplined and consistent in your application of these Leadership Essentials – today’s Talk On Purpose With Shad Ali.